Sunday, February 27, 2011

Finished (for the most part)
















So after going in and cleaning up the height map a little bit, there aren't as much seams. (They're still there, I couldn't get rid of all of them, but there's not nearly as much). I also went in and fixed the skymap, so now there isn't a really quick transition from light to dark.

I wanted to fix the water, but the shells are down so I couldn't see the video.

Overall I really like the far away shots, I think those look nice, and I like my textures (especially my ground texture). I think the individual height map doesn't look too bad. What I don't like though is the close ups (like in Picture 2). They just seem, I don't know, boring? I think everything looks good individually but when put together something's just a little off.

This was definitely the biggest project I've done so far though as far as modeling goes and overall I had fun doing it (even if max gave me headaches, I didn't run into nearly as many problems as I was with maya).

4 comments:

James said...

I really like this project Ryan, i like your pyramid the most of all, The way you have the sand engulfing the scene well done.

Anonymous said...

I really like what you did with the sky. The clouds look really great.

The palm trees could use some improvement. Add some edge loops here and there and scale them inward for some quick and easy detail.

Luke Mueller said...

As Dennis already said, the palm tree could use improvement, and I think if you could remove the white edge around the leaves it would easily make everything look much much better.

I like your ground and pyramid textures, they fit the overall theme well, and your love for Zelda games really comes through in the color saturation choices you made.

The_Viking said...

I like it overall but as I said last time the blown sand texture looks out of place on the larger dunes. you also probably want to put some kind of texture on the water it doesn't look like you have one at the moment.